Go to the U of M home page

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Strategic Plan Approved

To the UMD campus:

I am pleased to report that yesterday, May 3, 2011, I approved the new
UMD Strategic Plan as recommended by the Strategic Planning Steering
Committee on April 11 and as endorsed by the Campus Assembly on April
26. The plan has been posted on the Strategic Planning website.
http://www.d.umn.edu/chancellor/planning/

I have also received the Campus Action Plan, which was recommended by
the Strategic Planning Steering Committee on April 29. I am sharing
this action plan with you at this time. Before I take further action,
I invite your input. The Campus Action Plan is also posted on the
Strategic Planning website.

Your comments regarding the Campus Action Plan will be most helpful
if received by May 20th. It is my hope that by the end of May, the
UMD campus will have a complete Campus Action Plan to go along with
the UMD Strategic Plan.

Many of you deserve thanks. I would especially like to recognize the
hard work of Denny Falk, who served as the Faculty Fellow for
Strategic Planning during this process. The 35-member steering
committee deserves credit for their diligence, advice, and thoughtful
contributions. This plan is strong because of the input of faculty,
staff, students, business leaders, and others in Duluth and the
surrounding area.

We worked hard and we worked together. Your participation is very much
appreciated, and it is a sign that we will have success as we
implement the UMD Strategic Plan. Thank you all.


Lendley C. Black

Chancellor