Go to the U of M home page

Monday, September 20, 2010

Creating an Inclusive Campus Environment: Organizational Structure

Dear Colleagues,

At the end of August, I communicated to the UMD community one of the steps we took
to create an inclusive learning and working environment, and my intention to work
with the Chancellor's Cabinet to provide leadership in this effort. As a result of our
discussions since the two-day workshop on social justice, I am pleased to announce an
organizational structure that will advance our agenda.

The organizational elements of this structure are a Leadership Team that includes
my Cabinet and myself, a Campus Change Team, Unit Change Teams, and External
Consultants. I am committed to accountability, transparency, representation,
collaboration, and innovation as we work toward inclusive policies and best practices,
and expect the efforts of this new organizational structure to reflect these values.

In the coming weeks, I will provide more details about the responsibilities of and the
relationships between each of these elements.

Sincerely,

Lendley C. Black
Chancellor